Last updated March 14, 2016
Because We want to demonstrate Our commitment to your privacy, We want to notify you of:
1. What personally identifiable information of yours we collect
2. Who is collecting the information
3. How the information is used
4. With whom the information may be shared
5. What choices are available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information
6. The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Our control
7. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information We collect
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact Client Relations by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at (888) 848-5355.
Because of the financial nature of our business, our websites are not designed to appeal to children under the age of 13. Therefore, we don't knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children.
Visiting Our Website at www.titlesource.com
Types of Information Collected
We collect personal and non-personal information that you provide to Us when using our Website or that you give to Client Relations when communicating with Us offline or via email.
We may also collect non-personal information about users of Our Websites. The non-personal information that we collect on our Websites is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information and other anonymous statistical data relating to the use of this Website. For example, we collect and store certain non-personal information automatically whenever you interact with this Website, including your IP address, browser information and reference website domain name. We also collect non-personal information regarding customer traffic patterns and site usage. This information is used to analyze and improve our Websites and to provide Our customers with a fulfilling shopping experience.
We may also provide you the opportunity to subscribe to email newsletters and other email communications. You may unsubscribe by following the instructions provided in each email newsletter.
From time to time, we may offer you the option to participate in contests, sweepstakes, or surveys. If you would like to participate, we may ask you for contact information, preferences or other information. This information may be used to conduct research, improve our offerings, contact you regarding home financing or award prizes. Our contests or sweepstakes may have separate rules and we will identify how the information that you supply will be used in each case.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Targeted Advertising
Also, like many websites, We use "cookies" on our Website which are files stored on your computer's hard drive by your browser. These cookies help Us identify Our account holders and optimize their shopping experience. They do not include any data that will identify you personally. They will, however, allow you to use some specialized features of the Websites. Cookies also allow Us to hold selections in your shopping cart when you leave Our Websites without checking out.
Most browsers provide you with the option to set your browser to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or to not receive cookies at any time. The last of these, of course, means that certain personalized services cannot then be provided to you and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features on Our Websites.
From time to time, We may use the services that customers use to customize Our products. We also track customer traffic patterns and site usage. Traffic and usage data is used only to improve Our Website's designs and operation and to provide Our customers with a fulfilling experience.
Corrections/Updates to your Account
You can correct your account data on our Website by clicking on "My Account." If you have any questions or concerns about correcting or updating your Account, please contact Customer Service.
From time to time, We may contact you about sales, special offers and new site features if you agreed to be included in Our email lists when you completed a purchase transaction on our Website or otherwise provided us with your information. To customize the information you want to receive from Us on our Website, simply sign on and select the specific information you wish to receive. To cancel Our free emails, follow the directions in the email communication you received from us. You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Us toll-free at (888) 848-5355 and inform Us that you want to unsubscribe from Our email list.
Customer Feedback Form
Our Third Party Relationships
We have established several relationships with third parties vendors to best serve Our customers and to operate our Websites.
Third Party Service Providers:
· We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on Our behalf in connection with the operation of Our Websites. Examples include: fulfilling orders, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, hosting and operating the Websites and providing customer service. These third parties have access to your information collected through Our Websites as needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
· From time to time, We may establish one or more affiliate programs. An affiliate program allows other web sites to earn money by linking customers to Our Websites from their sites. These affiliates can only access data about the number of transactions and their resulting earnings. They cannot access Our customers' personal data. If you choose to apply to any of Our affiliate programs, We use the data you give Us strictly for conducting business with you. We may enter into certain agreements with certain third parties for the purpose of helping to administer affiliate programs. Such third parties may have access to certain of your information if you are an affiliate of the Website, but is restricted to only use such information in connection with its administration of the affiliate programs.
E-Commerce Services, Shipping Services:
· We may employ certain vendors to provide e-commerce services and customer service on Our behalf. These vendors have access only to information needed to accurately fulfill orders that are processed through such vendors and to provide customer services. These vendors have agreed to not use any personally identifiable information of customers for any other purpose.
Credit Card Processing:
· We may use a third party to process credit card orders. We supply them with data for credit card authorization and fraud detection only and they are restricted from using the data for any other purposes.
Website Evaluation, Marketing and Promotions:
· From time to time, We may engage other third parties to assist in providing Website evaluation services, marketing, order processing, fulfillment and shipping services, as well as customer service. In addition, We may engage third parties to provide services such as fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, data analysis and data cleansing. These third parties will only have access to information to the extent necessary and will be required to not use any personal information for any purpose other than providing such services. Also, you permit Us to share your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, government investigation, or as otherwise required by law. We may transfer your personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event. Additionally, We may share non-personal, non-individual statistical information with Our marketing partners, advertisers or other third parties for research purposes. That is, We will not tell Our marketing partners that you purchased a specific product, but we may tell them how many customers purchased that product.
Title Source Partners and Co-branded or Third-Party Sites:
· Some of the products or services offered on this website are provided by Title Source business partners. To fulfill your request for such services, we will forward your customer information to a partner, as necessary. When offering partner services on a Title Source or co-branded site, the partner who will receive your information will be clearly identified. Our co-branded sites are clearly identified by both a Title Source and a partner's logo. The Title Source site may provide links to third-party websites, such as those of our business partners and online advertisers. On these sites either Title Source or its partners may collect information about you. Title Source is not responsible for the actions of these third parties. We encourage you to review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why and how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
We work to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. We employ industry recognized security safeguards to help protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration. All data sent to Title Source is protected with technology that enables encryption of your data.
The Title Source Web Server supports the Transport Layer Protocol (TLS). TLS is a standard protocol based on its predecessor, Secure Sockets Layers (SSL). The purpose of this protocol is to encrypt and deliver information securely between clients and servers over networks.
Title Source uses 128-Bit Domestic Grade Strong Encryption, the most powerful encryption commercially available for internet products. (However, be aware that if you are using a 40-bit browser, your encryption level, while secure, is not the highest level available. United States and Canadian citizens can download free 128-bit browsers from Mozilla or Microsoft.)
We work to protect personally identifiable information stored on the site's servers from unauthorized access using industry standard computer security products, such as firewalls, as well as carefully developed security procedures and practices. All employees must review and sign a written statement of these practices which include limiting access to sensitive information to only those employees who require the information and enforcing strict password protocols for all employees. In addition, a username, member ID name and password are required for you to use, view or change application or interview information. We use both internal and external resources to review the adequacy of our security measures on a regular basis.
If we plan to make significant changes to any of our privacy policies or practices with respect to how we use personally identifiable information, we'll post those changes to the Title Source website 30 days before they take effect.
Questions about Our Policies
Title Source, Inc.
Attn: Client Relations
662 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Contact our client relations hotline at (888) 848-5355
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits consumers who are California residents to request certain information regarding their disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com, or write us:
Title Source, Inc.
Attn: Legal Team
662 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226