Now it’s time for that unavoidable legalese language …
Website Ownership and Permitted Use
This Website is owned and operated by Title Source (headquartered at: 662 Woodward Ave., Detroit, Michigan 48226), which is referred to below as "Title Source" or "we" or "us" or "Company" or "our."
By utilizing titlesource.com, you agree that:
· You will only transact business with us if you are at least 18 years old
This Website is offered and available to users who are 13 years of age or older and reside in the United States or any of its territories or possessions. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
You agree that you will not use or attempt to use this Website for any purpose other than conducting real estate appraisal, title insurance and settlement services that are related business with Title Source as a bona fide client or vendor/partner/service provider of Title Source; you may not use or attempt to use this Website for any purpose:
· That interferes with or induces a breach of the contractual relationships between Title Source and its employees
· That is in any way unlawful or prohibited, or that is harmful or destructive to anyone or their property
· That transmits any advertisements, solicitations, schemes, spam, flooding, or other unsolicited email or unsolicited commercial communications
· That transmits any harmful or disabling computer codes or viruses
· That harvests email addresses from this site
· That transmits unsolicited email to this site or to anyone whose email address is included in the domain name under on this Website
· That interferes with our network services
· That attempts to gain unauthorized access to our network services
· That suggests an express or implied affiliation with Title Source or service provider relationship with Title Source (without the express written permission of Title Source)
· That impairs or limits our ability to operate this website or any other person's ability to access and use this website
· That uses any methods, means or devices to click on to this website or cause a visit to this website for the purpose of manipulating the results of any Internet search engine, or for any other purpose other than conducting title, settlement or valuation related business with Title Source as a bona fide client or vendor/partner/service provider of Title Source
· That unlawfully impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person or entity
· That harms minors in any way, including, but not limited to, transmitting or uploading content that violates child pornography laws, child sexual exploitation laws and laws prohibiting the depiction of minors engaged in sexual conduct
· That transmits or uploads pornographic, violent, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory, hateful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, offensive, harassing, or otherwise objectionable content or images
· That harms, threatens, harasses, abuses or intimidates another person in any way or involves images or content that depicts, promotes, encourages, indicates, advocates or tends to incite the commission of a crime or other unlawful activities
· That dilutes or depreciates the name and reputation of Title Source or any of its affiliates
· That transmits or uploads any content or images that infringes any third party's intellectual property rights or infringes any third party's right of privacy
· That unlawfully transmits or uploads any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information
Access to this Website
Title Source reserves the right at all times, in its sole discretion and without notice to you, to deny your access to and use of this website. You agree that you may not use or attempt to use any part of this website to represent that you have any (express or implied) affiliation with Title Source without the express written permission of Title Source.
Use of this Website
You agree and acknowledge that you have the sole responsibility and liability for your use of this website and for providing or obtaining, and for maintaining, all of the: Hardware, software, electrical power, telecommunications, Internet services, and other products or services necessary or desirable for you to access and use this website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The following marks appearing on this website, including, but not limited to: TITLE SOURCE® and TSI APPRAISAL® and the respective logos, emblems, slogans and designs are trademarks and/or service marks of Title Source, Inc. All other marks used on this website are the property of their respective owners.
Web Page Content
You acknowledge and agree that:
All content, Web pages, source code, calculations, products, materials, data, information, text, screens, functionality, services, design, layout, screen interfaces, "look and feel", and the operation of this website (collectively "Web Page Content") are protected by various intellectual property laws, including, but not limited to: Copyrights, patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and service marks; and all rights associated with the Web Page Content are owned by Title Source, or content providers. Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading or viewing any Web Page Content. You further acknowledge and agree that you will not in any way copy, reproduce, publish, create derivative works from, perform, upload, post, distribute, transfer, transmit, modify, adapt, reverse engineer, frame in any Web page, or alter the appearance of any Web Page Content.
You may not use Web Page Content, domain names (in whole or in part), or email addresses related to or derived from this website, nor any data, trademarks, functionality, service marks, trade names, brand names and/or logos contained within or derived from this website, for any purpose; meaning that you may not, among other prohibited uses, use any Web Page Content, domain names, email addresses, data, trademarks, service marks, trade names, brand names and/or logos on or derived from this website:
· In or as any meta-tag or hidden text
· In or as part of any contextual marketing directory, index, or triggering term
· As content or advertising related to any other website including, but not limited to, comparative/informational websites
· As a variable or data element in any algorithm that causes another Internet browser to appear on, over, or at the same time as the Company's website or controls the content of any other Internet browser window
The content, services, calculations, information, products and materials on or available through this website are provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Title Source disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. Title Source makes no representation or warranty regarding the content, services, calculations, information, products or materials, or the use or results of use of the content, services, calculations, products or materials, on or available through this website. The content, services, calculations, information, products and materials on or available through this website could include inaccuracies or typographical errors and could become inaccurate because of developments occurring after their respective dates of preparation or publication. Title Source has no obligation to maintain the currency or accuracy of any content, services, calculations, information, products or materials on or available through this website. You acknowledge and agree that Title Source is not, and shall not be, responsible for the results of any defects that may exist in this website or its operation. As to the operation of this website, Title Source expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Title Source makes no representation or warranty that (a) the operation of this website will meet your or any other user’s requirements; (b) access to the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or free of errors, viruses or other harmful components; or (c) any defects in this website will be corrected. You agree that you, and not Title Source, will bear the entire cost of all servicing, repair, correction or restoration that may be necessary for your data, software programs or computer equipment because of any viruses, errors or other problems you may have as a result of using or visiting this website.
For your convenience, this website may provide links to other websites on the Web. Unless expressly stated otherwise on this website, Title Source does not endorse, approve, sponsor or control, and we are not in any way responsible for, any of the content, services, calculations, information, products or materials available at or through any websites to which this website may provide a link. By using this website you acknowledge and agree that Title Source will not be responsible or liable to you or any other person for any damages or claims that might result from your use of such content, services, calculation, information, products or materials.
No Advertising/No Links: Title Source does not permit third-party advertising on this website. Except with the written permission of Title Source, you agree that you will not create links from any website or webpage to this website or any webpage within this website.
You understand and acknowledge that Title Source controls and operates this website from within the United States of America. This website provides information regarding services and products that are made available in the United States only. We make no representation that the services or products about which information may be provided on this website will be available (a) anywhere outside of the United States or (b) in every state within the United States. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for compliance with all federal, state and local laws applicable to your access to and use of this website.
User IDs and Passwords
Certain areas or features of this website may be restricted to users who have obtained a user identification and password by completing a registration process described on this website. Please be sure to protect and maintain the confidentiality of any user identification, password or other identifying information you may obtain in connection with your use of this website. You agree to notify Title Source immediately if you believe your user identification, password or other identifying information has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised. You also acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all damages or claims that may arise from any access to or use of this website by any person to whom you have provided your user identification, password or other identifying information, or by any person who has obtained such information from you, including, but not limited to, any access to or use of this website that may occur after you have notified us that your user identification, password or other identifying information has been lost, stolen or otherwise compromised.
Privacy and Security
See Security and Privacy Webpage: For information on how Title Source uses and protects the personal information you may provide through this website, please click on this link http://www.titlesource.com/security or click on the "Security and Privacy" link at the bottom of the pages of this website.
Internet is An Open Network: While certain designated parts of the Title Source website employs technologies to secure your data and the transmissions between you and Title Source and our employees, the Internet is an open system and we cannot provide absolute assurances that transmissions cannot be intercepted/decrypted by others.
THE WEB PAGE CONTENT ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, TITLE SOURCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. TITLE SOURCE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE WEB PAGE CONTENT OR ITS USE THEREOF. THE WEB PAGE CONTENT ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE COULD INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND COULD BECOME INACCURATE BECAUSE OF DEVELOPMENTS OCCURRING AFTER THEIR RESPECTIVE DATES OF PREPARATION OR PUBLICATION. TITLE SOURCE HAS NO OBLIGATION TO MAINTAIN THE CURRENCY OR ACCURACY OF ANY WEB PAGE CONTENT ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TITLE SOURCE IS NOT, AND SHALL NOT BE, RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OF ANY DEFECTS THAT MAY EXIST IN THIS WEBSITE OR ITS OPERATION. AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE, TITLE SOURCE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. TITLE SOURCE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT (A) THE OPERATION OF THIS WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR OR ANY OTHER USER'S REQUIREMENTS; (B) ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (C) ANY DEFECTS IN THIS WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. YOU AGREE THAT YOU, AND NOT TITLE SOURCE, WILL BEAR THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL SERVICING, REPAIR, CORRECTION OR RESTORATION THAT MAY BE NECESSARY FOR YOUR DATA, SOFTWARE PROGRAMS OR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT BECAUSE OF ANY VIRUSES, ERRORS OR OTHER PROBLEMS YOU MAY HAVE AS A RESULT OF USING OR VISITING THIS WEBSITE.
Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL TITLE SOURCE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ERROR, INACCURACY, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, TELECOMMUNICATIONS FAILURE OR COMPUTER VIRUS OR OTHER PROBLEM, THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THIS WEBSITE OR THE WEB PAGE CONTENT ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER IN AN ACTION ALLEGING BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF ANY WEB PAGE CONTENT ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. YOU AGREE THAT TITLE SOURCE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE EVEN IF WE OR OUR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. HOWEVER, IN NO EVENT SHALL TITLE SOURCE'S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, IN ACCESSING OR USING THIS WEBSITE OF WEB PAGE CONTENT THEREON.
Communications with the Company
Time Sensitive Instructions: When communicating with us through this website, or via email, do not use the website, or Email to communicate any time-sensitive instructions that are in any way related to or affect a loan, or closing (such as interest rates locks, cancellation of a closing, or the like). Such instructions may not be honored. All transactions conducted on this website, or via Email, must be confirmed in writing by us to be accepted by and binding upon us.
E-Signature: General communications through this website, or via email are not intended by us to constitute either an electronic record or an electronic signature, or to constitute any agreement by the sender to conduct a transaction by electronic means, unless a specific statement to the contrary is included in the message and specific e-signature procedures are employed. However, your assent to a "click to accept" button or box is binding upon you.
Recording and Monitoring of Communications: Your communications with us via the website, email, and telephone may be recorded or monitored and by using such communications methods you are consenting to the recording or monitoring of the same.
Application of Additional Terms
Disclosures and Licenses
For disclosures and licensing information please visit: http://www.titlesource.com/disclosures-and-licenses
Title Source is committed to protecting copyrights and expects you to do the same. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any material used or displayed on the Title Source website infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked.
If you believe that any material on TitleSource.com infringes a copyright, or any valid intellectual property right, please provide the following information to Title Source’s DMCA Agent:
· A physical or electronic signature that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
· Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on TitleSource.com are intended to be covered by a single notification, a complete list of such works and details or descriptions as to their locations within the website
· Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material
· Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted
· A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law, and a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed
Please provide this information to Title Source’s DMCA agent, who can be reached through the following methods:
Title Source, Inc.
Attn: Legal Team
662 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Due to information technology concerns, attachments cannot be accepted on notices sent via email. Accordingly, any notification of infringement submitted electronically with an attachment will not be received or processed.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits consumers who are California residents to request certain information regarding their disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us:
Title Source, Inc.
Attn: Legal Team
662 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI 48226
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. Any complaints or concerns about the Company's employment practices may be directed to the Director of Human Resources at (800) 863-4332.